Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites. It has about 500 million active users, with 50% of these members logging on, everyday. Members have an average 130 friends. But these social networking sites are not longer just for posting updates, sharing information with friends or getting in touch with long lost college buddies or relatives.
Why are these people spending much of their time online? One of their reasons is online gaming. Online games are played with the use of an internet connection, over a computer network. There are games which use simple texts, while there are some who would use very complex graphics like multiplayer games like the World of Warcraft, Runescape, and Lineage II. Oftentimes, players would create their own online gaming communities so that players would be able to interact and form social bonds with those who play the same game.
The beauty of games offered in social networking sites like Facebook is that they are for free. You do not have to worry about credit card information and other financial details. In addition to that, Facebook games are meant to stimulate you mentally. Most of the games in the social site are strategy games, games which are meant to develop critical thinking and use different strategies in order to win.
Online games in Facebook also allows users to interact with each other. You can play with those who are part of your network or contact list, and those who are not. You can even meet new friends because of online gaming.
What are the current most popular games in Facebook?
- CityVille. This is a stimulation game where the player would be able to create their own city. You would be able to grow crops, build stores, sell them in eateries and build townhouses. You could even tap your friends so that you will be able to expand your business in your friend’s cities. ufa
- ESPNUCollege Town. Another popular simulation game where you could establish your own University and recruit athletes.
- TexasHoldem Poker. This card game remains to be one of the most popular and easy to learn card game which is focused on betting, raising and folding.
- Bejeweled Blitz. A popular game for both adults and children, where you match gems under one minute. There are weekly tournaments allowing you to compete with friends.
- Mafia Wars. A multiplayer game which can be played not only Facebook but also in MySpace and Sonico. The game has 26 million subscribers and won the 2009 Webby Award People’s Voice